Registration for the 2022 series is here https://events.com/r/en_US/registration/wed-night-training-at-the-strap-saskatoon-may-830389
The first week will be May 18th 2022
Join us at Blackstrap Provincial Park for 1, 2, or ALL of the Wed Night Training Races. As per other years, we will be putting in a bypass option to help make the course more accessible for younger, injured, and newer riders. This is a shorter course version to help riders get some training efforts in a race-like setting. The course is marked but is not marshalled, so riders need to ride within their limits and watch for oncoming traffic.
You must be a 2022 registered Sask Cycling member to attend this series.
Let’s continue to maintain some COVID protocols and have non-riding attendees and visitors (meaning when you are off your bike) stay 2 meters apart from each other unless you live in the same household.
Please do not attend if you are sick, suspect you have COVID, actively have COVID or have been asked to self isolate due to travel or because you are a close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID.
Bundle price is $50.00 (individual races are $10 each)
– no walk ups allowed (due to COVID must preregister online in advance)
– we’ve given 2 free dates on the bundle pricing to allow for cancellations/missed races and account for online registration fees
Order of Events
Sign in at Trailhead parking lot at Blackstrap Provincial Park (find David) – 6:30-6:45 PM
Race staging – 6:55 PM (attendance will dictate how we line up)
Race start 7:00 PM ish
Scheduled Dates (2022):
– registered participants will be emailed if the training race is cancelled in advance (check email as you are leaving Saskatoon if weather seems dicey)
– if it starts to pour at Blackstrap within 1 hour of race start (check radar) or if there are active thundershowers then the race is cancelled
COVID Protocols will be emailed to all registered participants and are subject to change as per government guidelines.
This is a great night to come out and get a preview of one of the provincial MTB race courses and farther develop your mountain biking skills. This is a season-long points series with double points for the last race.
Choice of 4,3,2 and 1 Lap Race, Male, Female, and youth categories, you choose how many laps to do.
Maximum of 60 minutes (4 Lap race)
Schedule of Events:
- 6:00pm to 6:45pm Registration
- 7:00pm Rider Staging
- 7ish Start of Race
Before joining us on a group ride please review the following PDF documents.
Minimum Equipment Requirements:
- The bicycle must be a mountain bike or fatbike.
- The bicycle must be equipped with aluminum v-brakes (steel and plastic are not appropriate) or be equipped with disc brakes.
- The bike must have tires that are at least 1.9″ wide with off-road suitable tread (no street slicks allowed).
- The bicycle must be in good working order. This includes brakes that are operational, the bike will shift through the complete range of gears and the gears do not skip when pedaling hard.
- Gloves (any kind will do) and eyewear
- Water bottle holder with water (or small backpack with water)
- It is a good idea to get your bike tuned up for the year before trail riding at a local bike shop.
Weather and Air Quality:
In the event that it’s been raining during the day the trails may not be conducive to riding, so it will be a pavement ride instead. The meetup may still happen but if it’s raining at ride time, there may be very few other riders.
We will make every attempt to cancel rides by 3:30PM, however, weather doesn’t always cooperate and rides may be cancelled right up until the event start time”. Please use the following weather guidelines to help you determine if our rides are a go. If the air quality indicated below is in the red, all rides will be cancelled for the day, any riders wishing to still meet up, are doing so outside of our organized club activity.