NBR/BCW Mountain Bike Race Series
Wed Night Training at the Strap, NBR/BCW Race Series
This is a great night to come out and get a preview of one of the provincial MTB race courses and further develop your mountain biking skills. This is a season-long points series with double points for the last race. Join us at Blackstrap Provincial Park for 1, 2, or ALL of the Wed Night Training Races.
As per other years, we will be putting in a bypass option to help make the course more accessible for younger, injured, and newer riders. This is a shorter course version to help riders get some training efforts in a race-like setting. The course is marked but is not marshaled, so riders need to ride within their limits and watch for oncoming traffic.
You must be a registered Sask Cycling member to attend this series.
Bundle price is $40 (individual races are $10 each)
– no walk ups allowed (preregister online in advance)
– we’ve given a free date on the bundle pricing to allow for cancellations/missed races and account for online registration fees
Scheduled Dates (2023):
- May 24th 2023
- June 14th 2023
- July 12th 2023
- July 26th 2023
- August 16th 2023
Order of Events
- Sign in at Trailhead parking lot at Blackstrap Provincial Park (find David) – 6:30-6:45 PM
- Race staging – 6:55 PM (attendance will dictate how we line up)
- Race start 7:00 PM-ish
Registered participants will be emailed if the training race is cancelled in advance. (check email as you are leaving Saskatoon if weather seems dicey)
If it starts to rain at Blackstrap within 1 hour of race start (check radar) or if there are active thundershowers then the race is cancelled.
Choice of 4, 3, 2 and 1 Lap, Male/Female and Youth categories
Maximum of 60 minutes (4 Lap race)
Before joining us on a group ride please review the following:
Minimum Equipment Requirements:
- Your bicycle must be a mountain bike or fatbike.
- Your bicycle must be equipped with aluminum v-brakes (steel and plastic are not appropriate) or be equipped with disc brakes.
- Your bike must have tires that are at least 1.9″ wide with off-road suitable tread (no street slicks allowed).
- Your bicycle must be in good working order. This includes brakes that are operational, the bike will shift through the complete range of gears and the gears do not skip when pedaling hard.
- Gloves (any kind will do) and eyewear
- Water bottle holder with water (or small backpack with water)
- It is a good idea to get your bike tuned up for the year before trail riding at a local bike shop.
Please do not attend if you are sick, suspect you have COVID, actively have COVID or have been asked to self isolate due to travel or because you are a close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID.
Air Quality in Saskatoon:
We will make every attempt to cancel rides by 3:30PM, however, weather doesn’t always cooperate and rides may be cancelled right up until the event start time”. Please use the following weather guidelines to help you determine if our rides are a go. If the air quality indicated above is in the red, all rides will be cancelled for the day, any riders wishing to still meet up, are doing so outside of our organized club activity.