Why join the Northern Bush Rastas mountain bike club?
We organize a wide variety of activities for mountain biking in Saskatoon, every week we have a group recreational ride, 6 week youth-oriented learn to ride and woman’s ride programs, as well as Training nights for those who are interested in MTB competition.
Throughout the year we also hold clinics, trail maintenance days, barbecues, and of course mountain bike races.
A single membership is only $75.00 ($10.00 for NBR membership, $65.00 for the SCA membership). Additional family members can join at reduced costs.
Joining the NBR allows you to participate in all our club events and includes the following benefits:
- Sign your kids up for the Dirt Kids and get them out learning how to ride safely and meet new friends in a social atmosphere.
- Join the Women’s Ride and meet women to ride with, improve your skills and add some activity to your week.
- Meet new riders in our Recreational Rides for the entire summer and ride in the Field House each week during the winter. Splitting off into groups of similar ability, it’s a blast for novices to pros.
- Train for fitness or competition at our Training Night.
- Participate in all our club activities including out of town trips, BBQs, trail maintenance days and other special events.
- Insurance, at all club events you are covered through the Saskatchewan Cycling Association (SCA).
- As a club member, you become an SCA member and receive newsletters with news on cycling and cycling events throughout the province. Don’t forget that as an SCA member, you get discounts at almost all bike shops in Saskatoon.
Before joining us on a group ride please review the following:
Minimum Equipment Requirements:
- Your bicycle must be a mountain bike or fatbike.
- Your bicycle must be equipped with aluminum v-brakes (steel and plastic are not appropriate) or be equipped with disc brakes.
- Your bike must have tires that are at least 1.9″ wide with off-road suitable tread (no street slicks allowed).
- Your bicycle must be in good working order. This includes brakes that are operational, the bike will shift through the complete range of gears and the gears do not skip when pedaling hard.
- Gloves (any kind will do) and eyewear
- Water bottle holder with water (or small backpack with water)
- It is a good idea to get your bike tuned up for the year before trail riding at a local bike shop.
Please do not attend if you are sick, suspect you have COVID, actively have COVID or have been asked to self isolate due to travel or because you are a close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID.
Air Quality in Saskatoon:
We will make every attempt to cancel rides by 3:30PM, however, weather doesn’t always cooperate and rides may be cancelled right up until the event start time”. Please use the following weather guidelines to help you determine if our rides are a go. If the air quality indicated above is in the red, all rides will be cancelled for the day, any riders wishing to still meet up, are doing so outside of our organized club activity.