This 6-part series for kids ages 10 – 15 is designed to give basic mountain bike riding skills and let you try racing in a fun environment. Participants will learn trail etiquette, safety, basic climbing and descending techniques, and much more!
This bike series is organized and run by NCCP certified coaches who are also available to assist in creating training plans for those who plan on more racing. Sessions run from early May until late June (no session on Victoria Day). Additional information will be emailed once registration is complete. For questions related to registration please contact: Shea, Dirt Kids Coordinator
Pricing is still to be finalized as of Jan 24 2023, but past years had been $135 ($85 for current NBR & SCA members). Parents are also encouraged to join the NBR club and assist with, or participate in, the races. Biking is a fantastic activity that can be enjoyed as a family. No experience or perceived skill is required. Registrations will not be accepted on-site.
All sessions run from 6:30 – 8:00 PM. Please do not be late to pick up your child. Volunteers need to go home too! ***Parents must attend the first session for the bicycle safety check. ***April 24 – Bike check (parents must attend)
April 24 – Bike Check
May 1 – Trail Etiquette, Braking, Shifting and Safety Position; Race #1
May 8 – Review of Braking and Shifting; Passing; Race #2
May 15 – Ascending and Descending; Review of Passing; Race #3
May 29– No Class – Victoria Day
June 5 – Review of Ascending and Descending; Cornering; Race #4
June 12 – Consolidating Skills; Race #5
- Archibald Park – Meet at the north end at the bottom of the hill – Google Map info
- Sutherland Beach Dog Walkers Parking Lot – first west road (Beef Research Road) after Attridge and Central Ave
For information on Kids Sport Funding, please visit:
For information on the Saskatchewan Child Tax Credit:
- A bicycle in good working condition with two-wheels (no training wheels), hand brakes (no
coaster brakes), and with a minimum of 5 gears. Bicycles not meeting these requirements will not be accepted for safety reasons.
- Bike tune-up (completed prior to coming to the first session please)
- A CSA approved cycling helmet and a mountain bike in good running order.
- Gloves (any kind will do) and eyewear
- Water bottle holder with water (or small backpack with water)
- Please ensure your child is dressed appropriately for the weather. Spring weather can be unpredictable, and it can be quite cold if it is cloudy or windy.
- Cancellations due to rain will be posted at: nbrcycling.ca/news by 5 PM.
- Classes will end IMMEDIATELY upon thunderstorm activity (please be prepared to pick your child up in the event of a thunderstorm)
You must be logged in to post a comment.