NBR group rides are for all skill and fitness levels. We break-up into groups and head out for a two-hour ride on one of Saskatoon’s great off-road trails. Tuesday Night Group Rides start the first week of May (weather and trail conditions permitting) and run all summer.
We meet at 6:30 pm on Tuesdays. You will need to be a member to participate.
Before joining us on a group ride please review the following PDF documents.
Minimum Equipment Requirements:
- The bicycle must be a mountain bike or fatbike.
- The bicycle must be equipped with aluminum v-brakes (steel and plastic are not appropriate) or be equipped with disc brakes.
- The bike must have tires that are at least 1.9″ wide with off-road suitable tread (no street slicks allowed).
- The bicycle must be in good working order. This includes brakes that are operational, the bike will shift through the complete range of gears and the gears do not skip when pedaling hard.
- Gloves (any kind will do) and eyewear
- Water bottle holder with water (or small backpack with water)
- It is a good idea to get your bike tuned up for the year before trail riding at a local bike shop.
Weather and Air Quality:
In the event that it’s been raining during the day the trails may not be conducive to riding, so it will be a pavement ride instead. The meetup may still happen but if it’s raining at ride time, there may be very few other riders.
We will make every attempt to cancel rides by 3:30PM, however, weather doesn’t always cooperate and rides may be cancelled right up until the event start time”. Please use the following weather guidelines to help you determine if our rides are a go. If the air quality indicated below is in the red, all rides will be cancelled for the day, any riders wishing to still meet up, are doing so outside of our organized club activity.