Registration for the 2021 series is here: https://events.com/r/en_US/registration/wed-night-training-at-the-strap-saskatoon-june-810040
The first week will be June 16th 2021
Once a month we meet at Blackstrap where we will be on harder trails than our regular Training Night at Meewasin Park West with bigger hills and more challenging single track. The emphasis of these rides is getting a good hard workout and trail practice at the venue where we host one of the SCA Provincial Mountain Bike races.
This is a great night to come out and get a preview of one of the provincial MTB race courses and farther develop your mountain biking skills. This is a season-long points series with double points for the last race.
Price is $5 per race, or $15 for all four if you pay in full at the first race. You can register online or pay at the event.
Dates for the Blackstrap Nights are as follows: TBD
Choice of 4,3,2 and 1 Lap Race, Male, Female, and youth categories, you choose how many laps to do.
Maximum of 60 minutes (4 Lap race)
Schedule of Events:
- 6:00pm to 6:45pm Registration
- 7:00pm Rider Staging
- 7ish Start of Race
Before joining us on a group ride please review the following PDF documents.
Minimum Equipment Requirements:
- The bicycle must be a mountain bike or fatbike.
- The bicycle must be equipped with aluminum v-brakes (steel and plastic are not appropriate) or be equipped with disc brakes.
- The bike must have tires that are at least 1.9″ wide with off-road suitable tread (no street slicks allowed).
- The bicycle must be in good working order. This includes brakes that are operational, the bike will shift through the complete range of gears and the gears do not skip when pedaling hard.
- Gloves (any kind will do) and eyewear
- Water bottle holder with water (or small backpack with water)
- It is a good idea to get your bike tuned up for the year before trail riding at a local bike shop.
Weather and Air Quality:
In the event that it’s been raining during the day the trails may not be conducive to riding, so it will be a pavement ride instead. The meetup may still happen but if it’s raining at ride time, there may be very few other riders.
We will make every attempt to cancel rides by 3:30PM, however, weather doesn’t always cooperate and rides may be cancelled right up until the event start time”. Please use the following weather guidelines to help you determine if our rides are a go. If the air quality indicated below is in the red, all rides will be cancelled for the day, any riders wishing to still meet up, are doing so outside of our organized club activity.